First things first: Get a copy of the technical requirements, and start working on the scales and arpeggios...
...No, that's the second thing. (sips some lager) That was the first thing.
Come to think of it, I can't get a copy of the Grade 8 syllabus till Monday. In the meantime, there's lots of things to do this weekend:
- Research cross-country ski bindings to find out what the heck I've got on My skis (and what the heck I should replace them with so that they actually match the boots);
- Clean up My office.
- Research reading Best Practices so that I can get through the average 300-page book in something less than Geologic Time.
- Clean up My study so that I have room to work on The Dreaded Floor again.
- Restore the .jpeg scan that I made of the torn and faded dial plate of an old Viking table radio, a very nice-looking piece of cabinetry but completely devoid of circuitry.
- Clean up My workshop.
- Schlep a bunch of stuff to the local thrift store, including (but not limited to) books, picture frames, stuffed penguins, surplus carving tools and assorted gently-used knickknacks.
- Go shopping.
- Go for coffee.
- Go to the gym.
- Go cross-country skiing.